Largo Flying Club General Meeting
Minutes of November 1, 2022
Meeting called to order at 7 pm by President Wojciechowski. There were 19 members present.
Minutes of the October 4, 2022 meeting were read and approved. Motion to accept by Steve Philbin, seconded by Ray Smith. Motion carried.
Reports from officers:
- Vice President Ray Crumrine reported there will be a fun fly this Saturday, hosted by Michael Bluestein in his absence. Events will be corn hole, wheel of misfortune, and a high low event.
- Secretary Mary Tittle had no report.
- Safety Officer Art Brown reminded members to speak loudly when announcing taxiing and taking off and landing. A member who damaged the gate lock will reimburse the club the cost of the lock.
- Field Maintenance officer Matt Lombardi reported the shed had been left open over night. Members who assisted in replacing the signs were thanked.
- Chief Flight Instructor Matt Ahlersmeyer reported there are two sets of father and son students.
- Webmaster Mark Spencer was not present.
- Members were reminded to sign in at the field.
- Megan Jetter needs help to hold signs to vote no on the referendum at the polling sites. Her number is 727-667-6380. An email will be sent with dates and times to assist.
- New Members/Guests: None
- Nominations report – Nominations chairperson, Eddy Thomas was not present. The slate of officers and directors for 2023 is as follows:.
President – Tom Wojciechowski
Vice President – Ray Crumrine
Treasurer – Ted Wojciechowski
Secretary – Mary Tittle
Board of Directors – Michael Bluestein, Ron Cheshire, Steve Philbin, Ray Smith
- President Wojciechowski asked for nominations from the floor. Seeing none, motion to close nominations by Michael Bluestein, seconded by Frank Boykin. Motion carried.
- Swap meet – Ron Cheshire suggested holding a swap meet on Saturday November 26 at the field. Decisions about food will be determined later.
- Open Floor – One member suggested holding the general membership meetings at the field.
Motion to adjourn at 7:40 pm by Richard Birchmire, seconded by Steve Wofsey. Motion carried.
Respectfully submitted by Mary Tittle
Copies to: Tom Wojciechowski, Ted Wojciechowski, Webmaster