Largo Flying Club General Meeting
Minutes of March 5, 2019
Meeting called to order at 7 pm by President Wojciechowski. There were 31 members present.
Minutes of the February 5, 2019 meeting were read and approved. Motion to accept by Ernie Riedel, seconded by Steve Wofsey. Motion carried.
Reports from officers:
- Vice President Ray Crumrine reported there will be a fun fly this weekend, weather permitting. Events will be climb and glide, wheel of misfortune, and limbo. There will be combat. Plans for a combat plane called Funder and Lightning can be found on RC Groups.
- Secretary Mary Tittle reported the information for the AMA Charter was submitted. Members were reminded to RSVP for the Volunteer Dinner on March 26.
- Safety Officer Art Brown reported one member was given a warning for flying FPV under the shelters. Members were reminded not to plug in batteries or start engines under the shelters. As a courtesy, members were asked to give pilots who were trying to solo or maiden a new plane, open air space.
- Field Maintenance: Art Brown, Jerry Cleveland, and Ed Cox were thanked for edging the field. Members were asked to bring water to the field on Saturday so the shed can be cleaned.
- Chief Flight Instructor Dave Gearheart had wings and a certificate for Michael Wanger and Al Tondreault for solo flight.
- Youth Program Director Larry Tittle reported the summer camp is July 29 to August 2. He asked members interested in helping to see him. He thanked Ernie Riedel for his donation to the summer camp.
- Webmaster Mark Spencer reported the website is working well. He asked members to e-mail him any suggestions.
- Solar/charging stations are working well.
- New Members/Guests: Jim Frazita
- Fun fly prized: Members were asked for ideas for suggestions for fun fly prizes.
- Savings account: Motion to move $1000.00 from the general account to the savings account by Richard Birchmire, seconded by Mark Spencer. Motion carried.
- FAA registration: FAA registration number must now be visible on the outside of all aircraft. Motion to add “Identification of aircraft must be in accordance with FAA guidelines” to the safety rules by Dave Gearheart, seconded by Mike Bluestein. Motion carried. Mary Tittle will make the changes to the safety rules.
- Swap meets: There are two upcoming swap meets. There is a swap meet March 16 in Sarasota and one on March 23 at Bay City.
Show and Tell
Ed Rouisse had interesting stories of model aviation.
Motion to adjourn at 8 pm by Dan Lemiesz, seconded by Steve Wofsey. Motion carried.
Respectfully submitted by Mary Tittle
Copies to: Tom Wojciechowski, Ted Wojciechowski, Webmaster