Largo Flying Club General Meeting
Minutes of October 1, 2019
Meeting called to order at 7 pm by President Wojciechowski. There were 22 members present.
Minutes of the June 4, 2019 meeting were read and approved. Motion to accept by Ernie Riedel, seconded by Steve Philbin. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s report was given by Ted Wojciechowski. He reported the most recent month. The reports of July and August are available for any member to review. He also reported the lawn service is increasing the monthly rate by $10.00.
Reports from officers:
- Vice President Ray Crumrine reported there will be a fun fly this Saturday. Events TBA. With enough participation, there will be combat. It was decided to begin the event at 9:30.
- Secretary Mary Tittle had no report.
- Safety Officer Art Brown was not present. President Wojciechowski reported that in the last few months several members have been grounded. One member crashed off property to the west. President Wojciechowski reminded members he must be informed of crashes off property so he can be prepared to talk to the city.
- Field Maintenance: Matt Lombardi was appointed Field Maintenance Officer.
- Chief Flight Instructor Dave Gearheart was not present. There are still several students.
- Youth Program Director Larry Tittle reported the summer camp went very well, with 10 children. FPV was tried successfully. He thanked all the volunteers who assisted. He plans to do FPV and helicopters next year. The description in the city’s “Play” magazine was modified. He had an opportunity to demonstrate FPV flying for members.
- Webmaster Mark Spencer was not present.
Eddy Thomas was appointed Nominations Chairperson. See him if interested in any of the four offices (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) or the board of directors.
- Security cameras: Tom and Matt have been working on installing the new cameras.
- FPV safety rules: Larry Tittle presented possible changes to the safety rules related to FPV flying.
- New Members/Guests: Dick Wallace
- Swap meet: The swap meet is November 23rd. Members must bring and set up their own tables. The ad was submitted for the AMA magazine and a flyer has been sent to the local hobby shops. We will need assistance for collecting money and parking cars.
- Savings account: Motion to move $2000.00 from the general fund to the savings account by Richard Birchmire, seconded by John McPhee. Motion carried.
- Apparel: Motion to spend up to $1000.00 on LFC apparel by Ron Cheshire, seconded by Eddy Thomas. Motion carried.
- Weather station: Discussion on the weather station deferred to another meeting.
- One member asked about FAA registration.
Show and Tell
- Ron Cheshire had a 1947 spark plug engine made by Bannon.
- Charlie Lambour had a 1/6 scale model 1948 Ford flat head engine.
Motion to adjourn at 8:05 pm by Eddy Thomas, seconded by Ray Smith. Motion carried.