Largo Flying Club General Meeting 
Minutes of February 4,,2020

Meeting called to order at 7 pm by President Wojciechowski.  There were 29 members present.

Minutes of the January 7, 2020 meeting were read and approved. Motion to accept by Steve Wofsey, seconded by Ernie Riedel. Motion carried.

Reports from officers:

  • Vice President Ray Crumrine reported there will be a fun fly this Saturday weather permitting. Events will be bean bag toss, take off and hold altitude, and taxi race. With enough participation, there will be combat. Events will start at 10 am.
  • Secretary Mary Tittle reported the safety rules and policies were updated. An email was sent to members about the picnic February 29. Members were asked to RSVP.
  • Safety Officer Art Brown reported there were no suspensions this month. Members were reminded to fly the wind pattern. Motion to add to safety rule #22 that if the wind is from the east, the pattern is counterclockwise and if the wind is from the west, the pattern is clockwise by Steve Philbin, seconded by Art Brown.
  • Field Maintenance Officer Matt Lombardi reported he is ready to begin painting once the new signs arrive.
  • Chief Flight Instructor Matt Ahlersmeyer reported there are seven students. He had wings and a certificate for Roger Ewart who achieved solo flight.
  • Youth Program Director Larry Tittle had no report
  • Webmaster Mark Spencer was not present.

Old Business

  • The weather station has been ordered.
  • The picnic is February 29. Members were asked to RSVP to Mary Tittle. There will be prizes.

New Business:

  • New Members/Guests: Roger Schofield, Roger Ewart
  • Remote ID regulation: The FAA has a proposal for remote ID regulation of unmanned aircraft. Members were asked to read about the proposal and comment on the AMA website. Comments must be received by March 2.
  • Largo Central Park Celebration: We have been asked to participate in the 25th birthday celebration of Largo Central Park. The event is Saturday April 25 from 12 to 6 pm. Matt Ahlersmeyer will chair our participation. Planned events include FPV racing, combat, heli demonstration, simulators, and static display. The City will provide tents and tables. Matt will be asking for volunteers.
  • Signs: New signs have been ordered, including a new out of bounds sign.

Motion to adjourn at  8 pm by Steve Wofsey, seconded by Ray Smith. Motion carried.

Respectfully submitted by Mary Tittle 

Copies to: Tom Wojciechowski, Ted Wojciechowski, Webmaster