Largo Flying Club General Meeting
Minutes of May 6,2023
Meeting called to order at 9am at the flying field by President Wojciechowski. There were 29 members present.
Minutes of the March 11, 2023 meeting were read and approved. Motion to accept by Richard Birchmire, seconded by Mark Spencer. Motion carried.
Reports from officers:
- Vice President Ray Crumrie reported there will be a fun fly today. Events will be taxi balloon pop, climb and glide, and timed card. Phil’s Hobby Shop donated 5 gift certificates.
- Secretary Mary Tittle reported the BOD voted to remove President Wojciechowski from probationary status. She reminded members she will not be running for office for 2024.
- Safety Officer Art Brown thanked Matt Lombardi for working on the charging stations and the out of bounds sign. There was discussion about letting FPV fliers fly over the main runway to follow and videotape fixed wing aircraft. Motion by Art Brown that, with the agreement of both parties, during non peak times, one FPV flier may follow and videotape one fixed wing aircraft. Seconded by John Wolf. Motion carried. This will be added to the safety rules.
- Field Maintenance officer Matt Lombardi was not present.
- Chief Flight Instructor Matt Ahlersmeyer reported there were no new students.
- Webmaster Mark Spencer reported the website was up and running.
- Swap meet – Ron Cheshire reported the swap meet went well. Another one will be planned for the fall.
- FRIA application – We have not heard anything yet about the application.
- Security system – Work is continuing on the system
- Members were reminded to lock the gate as we have had some recent vandalism.
- New Members/Guests: None
- Officers for 2024 – Members were reminded that the current officers will not be running for office next ear. It is important for members to consider running for an office. Without officers, the club will not be able to function.
- Meeting location – Discussion about the location of the meeting. It was decided to continue to pay for a room at the Community Center.
Motion to adjourn at 10 am by Kathy White, seconded by Richard Birchmire. Motion carried.
Respectfully submitted by Mary Tittle
Copies to: Tom Wojciechowski, Ted Wojciechowski, Webmaster, Krista Pincince, Director Parks and Rec