Largo Flying Club General Meeting
Minutes of December 5, 2020
Meeting called to order at 9 am at the flying field by President Wojciechowski. There were 40 members present.
Minutes of the November 3, 2020 meeting were read and approved. Motion to accept by Steve Philbin, seconded by John Waller. Motion carried.
Reports from officers:
- Vice President Ray Crumrine reported there will be no fun flys for the foreseeable future.
- Secretary Mary Tittle reported the ballot was prepared for the meeting today.
- Safety Officer Art Brown thanked the members for flying safely this month. He reminded members to renew their FAA registration by the end of the year if needed.
- Field Maintenance officer Matt Lombardi reported the new fencing for the pilot stations was installed and the new signs put in place. He thanked Al Tondreau, Art Brown, Mike Bluestein, Ed Cox and Bill Shurmatz for their assistance.
- Chief Flight Instructor Matt Ahlersmeyert reported there are a couple of new students. He asked members who are instructing to stay socially distanced during instruction.. New members must be qualified to fly by a club officer, have AMA membership, FAA registration, and paid their membership fees.
- Youth Program Director Larry Tittle reported that two of the three after school days were completed. One day was canceled due to the hurricane. He thanked Manny DeSousa, Mike Bluestein, Bob Gettler, Steve Philbin, and Steve Wofsey for their assistance.
- Webmaster Mark Spencer was not present.
Elections – David Barth and Ed Cox were appointed tellers. Results of the 2021 elections are:
- President – Tom Wojciechowsk
- Vice President – Ray Crumrine
- Treasured – Ted Wojciechowsk
- Secretary – Mary Tittle
- Board of Directors – Ron Cheshire, Ray Smith, Steve Philbin, and Steve Wofsey
Charging system – The new charging system has been installed. Three batteries were installed with 8 new solar panels. Two new circuit breakers were installed. An emergency Board meeting was held to release money for new batteries from the savings account. In addition, the Board approved an additional $500.00 for the solar system.
Security system – New cameras were installed on the security system.
First aid box – The first aid box was installed on the outside of the shed. A fire extinguisher is in the box along with an eye wash.
- New Members/Guests: Doug Gramm; Mike Young
- Donation to the city – Motion to donate $500.00 to the City of Largo by Larry Tittle, seconded by Eddy Thomas. Motion carried. A thank you card with the check will be sent to Joan Byrne.
- January meeting – Discussed location for the January meeting. The consensus was to have the January meeting at the field.
- Cooling system for the shed – Discussed installing a cooling system for the shed to keep the batteries from getting too warm which would reduce their effective life. We will use two old solar panels and cooling fans. The shed will need to be vented. Motion for $300.00 for a cooling system for the shed by Mike Bluestein, seconded by Matt Lombardi. Motion carried.
- Over budget for the solar system – The budget was exceeded by approximately $400.00 for the solar system. Motion to spend up to $500.00 to cover the additional expenses for the solar system by Mike Bluestein, seconded by Steve Wofsey.
Motion to adjourn at 9:45 am by Eddy Thomas, seconded by Steve Philbin. Motion carried.
Respectfully submitted by Mary Tittle
Copies to: Tom Wojciechowski, Ted Wojciechowski, Webmaster